August 14, 2010

April 3, 2010

I don't remember much from this date. I hadn't really left the hospital at this point nor had I slept. I was up for 48 hours without about a 20 minute nap in there. There was no way I was sleeping, not like I could anyway. Troy was still in outpatient surgery at this time with the hopes of getting him moved to SICU (surgical intensive care unit). He would need more surgery, but we were just happy he had made it this far. He had been alive for 48 hours since his accident. That was huge to us!!

This was also saturday night...the night before Easter. I had to go home and be with Jack, but thankfully Troy was in ICU where he had his own nurse. His mom never left the hospital. She had set up camp there and was there every minute.

After being moved Troy had a bronchoscopy on this day. They found what they thought was a polyp in his lungs. Come to find out it was a blood clot in his lungs. His lungs were severely bruised and he was starting to get pneumonia, which is normal with a person on a ventilator. Also by this date he had recieved over 200 units of blood products, including blood, plasma and platelets. This was causing his kidneys to work very hard but they were still working. His liver was still working.

His friends from college were still in town. Thank God for those friends. I probably leaned on them way too much, when now I look back and realize they knew him longer...they needed to lean on me.

FB became a story for everyone to follow. I had over 100 new friends by this date...all following along in this "story." They were definitely prayer warriors. It gave me comfort knowing that someone was stopping in the middle of their day and praying.

I slept so hard this night. Jack woke up to the Easter bunny and things were as normal as they could be at home. I don't remember much. I'm sure this will come back just as my daughters life story comes back in pieces. I tend to remember more and more year by year. When I remember I will post.

Until next time,

Kelly

1 comment: