September 2, 2010

April 4, 2010

Sunday.....Sunday was just a stable day. He was stable for his condition, but not stable enough for anything else. We had plans for Monday. Surgery, try to put his bowel back in his stomach, put in a feeding tube and possibly a trach. So for today we waited. I was in his room most of the day. Thankfully, my parents were in town with Jack I think. I cannot remember much of this day. I just knew that Jack was taken care of. I also knew that I was growing a bond with his mom...an even stronger bond. So her and I sat and talked about the decisions, asked the doctors questions, how could we help him. Always her and I....always.

I left that night knowing I would be back tomorrow and so would he. Until then, I prayed and I asked for prayers on FB.

Jack was on spring break, he was going to see family in Ashland. Thank God for family. Thank God for answered prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kelly, I imagine reliving these days are so difficult... yet I also imagine they are bittersweet knowing they are days you had with Troy.

    Thinking of you always,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete