October 11, 2010

April 8, 2010

Shockingly...today was a stable day after he had coded the previous day. He was still on diaylsis, but stable for his condition. The dialysis had worked and his heart was still very healthy. It was the one thing that was helping was the fact that he had no head trauma and his heart was healthy. I was at the hospital some of the day, but he was stable so I worked. Later on that evening he opened his eyes. He never really closed them again because of the paralytics, but he opened his eyes. It was absolutely amazing. It was at this time on FB that I said I was certain I was dating Superman, and it kind of stuck. Superman was what he was referred to by so many people. Funny thing is that he wasn't really a fan of Superman, but he sure was proving everybody wrong. Also, it was at this point that we thought he would make it.

They would never let him fully wake up because his abdomen was open again and waking up a patient like that, could lead them into trying to get up and pull of their wires off. I don't think he was ever fully aware of what was going on.

It was also on this night that I got to see his son for the first time since the third weekend in March. He was just told about his dads accident the day before. He is 7...I don't quite understand why he wasn't told, but I'm not his mother. Lord knows, Jack and I missed that kid.

BTW, I hate this part of the blog. Things were getting so good. It's always worse before it gets better...but then its always better before it gets worse.

Until next time,

Kel

1 comment:

  1. Kelly-

    Thinkin' of you always. Thank you for continuing to share these days. Troy is a Superman... and you my friend are nothing short of a Superwoman.

    xoxoxo
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete